Bibliography about Ketosis and the effects on Milking Cows
1. Butler W. R., R. D. Smith. 1989. Interrelationships between Energy-Balance and Postpartum Reproductive Function in Dairy Cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 72:767-783.
2. Reist M., D. Erdin, D. von Euw, K. Tschuemperlin, H. Leuenberger, Y. Chillard, H. M. Hammon, C. Morel, C. Philiponaa, Y. Zbinden, N. Kuenzi, J. W. Blum. 2002. Estimation of energy balance at the individual and herd level using blood and milk traits in high-yielding dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 85:3314-3327.
3. LeBlanc S., 2010. Monitoring Metabolic Health of Dairy Cattle in the Transition Period. J. Reprod. Dev 56:S29-S35.
4. Oetzel G. R., B. E. Miller. 2012. Effect of Oral calcium bolus supplementation on early-lactation health and milk yield in commercial dairy herds. J. Dairy Sci. 95:7051-7065.
5. McArt J. A. A., D. V. Nydam, P. A. Ospina, G. R. Oetzel. 2011. A field trial on the effect of propylene glycol on milk yield and resolution of ketosis in fresh cows diagnosed with subclinical ketosis. J. Dairy Sci. 94:6011-6020.
6. LeBlanc S. J., K. E. Leslie, T. F. Duffield. 2005. Metabolic Predictors of Displaced Abomasum in Dairy Cattle. J. Dairy Sci. 88:159-170.
7. McArt et al ., 2012
8. Duffield, T. F., K. D. Lissemore, B. W. McBride, K. E. Leslie. 2009. Impact of hyperketonemia in early lactation dairy cows on health and production. J. Dairy 92:571-580.
9. Chapinal N., S. J. LeBlanc, M. E. Carson, K. E. Godden, M. Capel, J. E. P. Santos, M. W. Overton, T. F. Duffield. 2012. Herd-level association of serum metabolites in the transition period with disease, milk production, and early lactation reproductive performance. J. Dairy Sci. 95:5676-5682
11. McLaren C. J., K. D. Lissemore, T. F. Duffield, K. E. Leslie, D. F. Kelton, B. Grexton. 2006. The relationship between herd level disease incidence and a return over feed index in Ontario dairy herds. Can. Vet. J. 47:767-773.